Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-lamps-eai-addresses-05.txt> (Internationalized Email Addresses in X.509 certificates) to Proposed Standard

2017-02-11 15:13:16

On Feb 11, 2017, at 4:06 PM, John R. Levine <johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com> wrote:

How about if a CA with only rfc822Name constraints can't issue certs
with SmtpUTF8Names at all, and of course vice versa.  If you want both
kinds of names, the CA has to constrain both.

This seems to me to be more restrictive than necessary, but I can live
with this as a rough consensus position if others prefer this option.

--
        Viktor.