Re: [Jmap] WG Review: JSON Mail Access Protocol (jmap) - reducing configuration complexity

2017-02-13 14:04:21
On Feb 13, 2017, at 2:52 PM, Dave Cridland <dave(_at_)cridland(_dot_)net> wrote:
Within JMAP, the semantics available are a proper superset of IMAP, so
while the IMAP model can be exposed, so can a more gmail-like concept
wherein the same message can appear in multiple mailboxes, for
example. This means, as a casual observation, that the JMAP model (and
therefore protocol) can be used to expose nearly every mailstore
available. Curiously, this was the driver behind some of IMAP's design
choices at the time.

Okay, thanks for clarifying.   The jmap.io <http://jmap.io/> site unfortunately
has an invalid certificate, but had some useful info.   For some reason I
thought you were proposing going back to the straight IMAP model instead of the
new JMAP model, which would sadden me.   :)