Re: [Slim] IETF last call for draft-ietf-slim-negotiating-human-language (Section 5.4)

2017-02-14 11:40:33
At 11:01 AM +0100 2/14/17, Gunnar Hellström wrote:

 My proposal for a reworded section 5.4 is:

 5.4.  Unusual language indications

 It is possible to specify an unusual indication where the language
 specified may look unexpected for the media type.

For such cases the following guidance SHALL be applied for the humintlang attributes used in these situations.

1. A view of a speaking person in the video stream SHALL, when it has relevance for speech perception, be indicated by a Language-Tag for spoken/written language with the "Zxxx" script subtag to indicate that the contents is not written.

2. Text captions included in the video stream SHALL be indicated by a Language-Tag for spoken/written language.

3. Any approximate representation of sign language or fingerspelling in the text media stream SHALL be indicated by a Language-Tag for a sign language in text media.

4. When sign language related audio from a person using sign language is of importance for language communication, this SHALL be indicated by a Language-Tag for a sign language in audio media.

[RG] As I said, I think we should avoid specifying this until we have deployment experience.

 This paragraph in 5.2 should be deleted because it is a duplication.

 "   Note that while signed language tags are used with a video stream to
    indicate sign language, a spoken language tag for a video stream in
    parallel with an audio stream with the same spoken language tag
    indicates a request for a supplemental video stream to see the
    speaker."

[RG] I agree and will delete the paragraph.

 Regards

 Gunnar