Re: Internet Research Labs Draft

2017-02-16 03:37:58
On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 04:29:38PM +0000,
 nalini(_dot_)elkins(_at_)insidethestack(_dot_)com
<nalini(_dot_)elkins(_at_)insidethestack(_dot_)com> wrote
 a message of 34 lines which said:

If anyone is interested, we have just done an I-D for a proposed
concept for "Internet Labs".   We hope this will be of interest.

That's interesting, there is certainly a need for more resources for
the people who want to work on the practical side of the Internet
protocols.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chowbat-irl-00

I find the proposal both too detailed ("access to IRL labs" with
discussion of CLI vs Blackberry...) and too vague. What will be the
actual services provided by these labs?

There are a lot of resources already available. (Really a lot: may be
the poeple who want to learn/work could use some guidance.) Did you
identify actual gaps (ideas: real-time BGP feed, repository of packet
captures, since pcapr.net seems de facto dead, etc)?

Editorial: for cloud services, please mention also non-US services
(like OVH or Gandi in France, examples from China, Russia, India, are
welcome).