Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-rfc2460bis-08.txt> (Internet Protocol, Version 6 (IPv6) Specification) to Internet Standard

2017-02-17 11:31:47
Scott,

It is a simple logical consequence.

Middleboxes do not exist in the IPv6 architecture.

firewalls do not exist in IPv6????
load balancers do not exist in IPv6???
content redirectors do not exist in IPv6???
…

In the world view of RFC2460, the world consists of hosts and routers connected
with links.
That's largely the IETF specification perspective too...
We don't write our protocols to accommodate middleboxes on the path.

Cheers,
Ole