Re: RANT: posting IDs more often -- more is better -- why are we so shy?

2017-03-01 14:14:55
For the third time in two days I find myself, when asking others for
opinionsabout some text, pointing at github commit logs.  With the
beautiful
makefiles we often have, one can't even depend upon having a formatted
.txt
version there!

The details of that discussion probably belong on
ietf-and-github(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org,
but I must point out that this way of working *excludes* from the
discussion WG participants who don't grok github. Substantial issues
need to be discussed on the mailing list and substantial (non-typo)
revisions need to be posted as I-Ds.

+1 on all points. Additionally, I've observed a seeming reluctance to update
drafts for small stuff, independent of the use or non-use of github.

Cases where it's actually best to withhold an update are quite rare, so having
this practice as a default really needs to go away.

                                Ned