Re: More haste, less speed.

2017-03-06 15:30:45

On Mar 6, 2017, at 3:12 PM, Phillip Hallam-Baker
<phill(_at_)hallambaker(_dot_)com> wrote:

​Again, you are mistaken.​

I think you meant to say, that you disagree, at least in general, but that your
experience in the SMTP space is more limited, so I might be right in the SMTP
case.

​Security Policy can benefit from DNSSEC but it absolutely does not require
DNSSEC
to provide value.

This is not true for SMTP, which is vulnerable to downgrade attacks if the
security
policy is not made tamper-resistant.

Since the current Internet security policy is to require no security, any
policy
publication mechanism adds value over the baseline.

Yes, against passive attacks, but STARTTLS is already sufficient for that.

--
        Viktor.