Re: RANT: posting IDs more often -- more is better -- why are we so shy?

2017-03-06 21:33:57

Lloyd Wood <L(_dot_)Wood(_at_)society(_dot_)surrey(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk> wrote:
    > Those advocating 'early and often' might consider the case of
    > WhatWG, hybi, Ian Hickson, and his working style, as shown by
    > https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hixie-thewebsocketprotocol-76

    > where it became impossible to figure out what had changed,
    > whether it was important, or really, anything other than the
    > way Hixie wanted to work, and that the WG really didn't like
    > how they were expected to run.

    > Diffs aren't useful unless they're of source.

Agreed: too many revisions is also a problem.
I think that the WG can push back.

Was it useful to diff version 60 against version 76?

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-