Re: [RTG-DIR] [spring] Review of draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-msdc-03

2017-03-07 09:44:33

On Mar 7, 2017, at 3:30 PM, Susan Hares <shares(_at_)ndzh(_dot_)com> wrote:

Stefano:

operators (DC or BGP), and this includes BGP-LS.  If your transition from
OSPF/IS-IS LSPs to BGP in BGP to MPLS is to meet operator needs - great.
Just document the security concern issues (new types of information, privacy
issues on sending link info).

My "concern" comments on BGP-LS only focus on 3 things:
1) Upgrade your security section to deal with issues regarding new types of
information and privacy issues on sending link-information (inside DC or DCI)

agreed and will do so. Note also that EPE is just one piece of the picture
described in the draft.

1 to 3 paragraphs should be sufficient.  I will suggest text.
2) Be precise in your RFC3107 terminology -

agreed. I added some text explaining what we intend by 3107 ebgp and ibgp.

3)  Encourage the use of 4-byte Private AS, and treat 2-byte Private ASes as
a legacy issues.

ok, will do so.

All response below boil down to this summary.   Editorial Nits are your
choice to adopt/not-adopt.  IETF LC and IESG review will provide you lots of
feedback on editorial nits.

yup, I applied all of them.

Thanks.
s.