RE: Review of draft-ietf-dime-load-07

2017-03-08 00:40:18
Hi Steve,
Thanks, I have no more comments
Roni

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf [mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Steve
Donovan
Sent: יום ג 07 מרץ 2017 17:45
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Review of draft-ietf-dime-load-07

Roni,

Thank you for your review.  Please see my comments inline.

Steve

On 2/23/17 3:01 AM, Roni Even wrote:
Reviewer: Roni Even
Review result: Ready with Nits

Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed by
the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just like
any other last call comments.

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-dime-load-07
Reviewer: Roni Even
Review Date: 2017-02-23
IETF LC End Date: 2017-02-27
IESG Telechat date: 2017-03-16

track RFC

Major issues:

Minor issues:

I understand that each node can calculate the load differently , the
example in figure 8 demonstrate that the agent selection may be
different if the agent aggregates load from the servers to calculate
its load or just conveys his load, possibly even that each one of the
agents will use different method. Why not mandate load calculation
using aggregated weighted loads?
SRD> The working group thought it was best to leave this as an
implementation decision.

Nits/editorial comments:
1. In section 5 paragraph 9 "The load report includes a value
indicating the load of the sending
    node relative load of the sending node, " should be just "The load
report includes a value indicating the relative load of the sending
node,"
SRD> Yes, change made.
2. In section 6.2 "weigth "
SRD> Change made.
3. in the security consideration what about an endpoint in the middle
changing the host load value causing a change in the routing
decisions.
SRD> I'm assuming that you mean an agent in the middle changing the host
value.  I've added the following to the security considerations section
-- "Given that routing decisions are impacted by load information, there is
potential for negative impacts on a Diameter network caused by erroneous
or malicious load reports. This includes the malicious changing of load values
by Diameter Agents."