Re: Operational feedback on PMTUD

2017-03-18 07:03:46
I wrote:

Just a procedural question.

Though rfc2026 says:

   A specification for which significant implementation and successful
   operational experience has been obtained may be elevated to the
   Internet Standard level.  An Internet Standard (which may simply be
   referred to as a Standard) is characterized by a high degree of
   technical maturity and by a generally held belief that the specified
   protocol or service provides significant benefit to the Internet
   community.

does rfc1981bis qualify?

But, no response yet.

It seems to me that rfc1981 operationally failed

For example, see my presentation at APNIC32

        How Path MTU Discovery Doesn't work
        https://meetings.apnic.net/__data/assets/file/0018/38214/pathMTU.pdf

as a proof accepted by operational community that rfc1981 style
PMTUD has been, is and will continue to be failing.

                                                        Masataka Ohta