Re: Getting the latest version of an RFC specification

2017-03-29 07:34:59
On 3/29/2017 7:19 AM, Yoav Nir wrote:
I question how useful it is.  The obsoletes/obsoletedBy relationship is
semantically overloaded. Consider the header of RFC 4306:

Yoav,

Thanks for the thoughtful (and quick) response. Yes, the total model and application of its details are more complicated. But I found myself relying on a very simple distinction:

If someone wants to do research and explore old stuff, they can still do that. The can still merrily wander the link sequences.

However "Obsoleted By" means "don't use the old stuff".

So if one merely wants to get (or wants to cite) the most recent version of what they /should/ use, then the feature I'm suggesting will support that. More easily and reliably than can happen now.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking