Re: [GROW] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-grow-large-communities-usage-06

2017-04-18 20:06:46
5.  Security Considerations

   Operators should note the recommendations in Section 11 of BGP
   Operations and Security [RFC7454].

SB> You do not address the question of whether there are new
SB> considerations, or considerations that are of increased importance?

It is my understanding that RFC 8092 "BGP Large Communities" are just
like RFC 1997 "BGP Communities", but ...  larger (for lack of better
words). Referencing RFC 7454 seems plenteous.

So, what if there are not any additional considerations, If there were,
they would've been (or are) covered in RFC 8092's security section,
right?

This is an Internet-Draft targetted for Informational status, I'm not
sure what you expect here.

SB> Is there is text somewhere that discusses the integrity and
SB> synchronization of the parameters and any consequences that arise?

the what now? Can you elaborate on the above?

you're supposed to guess

the normal hack here is

  this document introduces no new security issues beyond those discussed
  in 1997