Re: Comments on draft-mm-wg-effect-encrypt-11

2017-05-05 18:45:43
What is disingenuous is reviewing a document to death, requiring
consensus on people's expressed concerns

aside from the hyperbole, i think this is what we're supposed to be
doing

then claiming, “oh no, we're not stopping publication”.

puhleeze.

there seems to be some useful disagreemet here; and it would help if we
focused on it and tried to work it through until we can get consensus.

< stating what might be obvious >

as i read it, a fair number of folk (i among them) think that a number
of practices described neutrally in the document should be flagged as
negative.

the reason this is an important distinction is that if and when we get
downstream to writing documents more in the solution space, the
behaviors marked as negtive do not need to be spported.  e.g. some see
encryption preventing http header insertion as a feature, not a bug.

and it is ok to have this discussion.

randy