Re: [Idr] Last Call: <draft-ietf-idr-shutdown-08.txt> (BGP Administrative Shutdown Communication) to Proposed Standard

2017-05-08 14:47:39
On Mon, 8 May 2017 at 21:36, Enke Chen <enkechen(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com> wrote:

I understand this is not a good use of time.  But since it is in the
spec, I would like to understand the reasons.  If there are good reasons
for doing things differently, then they should be documented in the spec
so that people do not question again.

In the security section: "This specification minimizes the effects of
visual spoofing by limiting the length of the Shutdown Communication."