RE: IETF #100 Hotel Rate

2017-05-12 05:15:30
It's good there are options.
However, the meeting page indicates that Raffles is the main hotel.

https://www.ietf.org/meeting/100/index.html

Mehmet

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf [mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of John Levine
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2017 6:58 PM
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: IETF #100 Hotel Rate

In article <51f9d3d1-6c5c-102d-d76d-ea0d35433921(_at_)gih(_dot_)com>,
Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond <ocl(_at_)gih(_dot_)com> wrote:
-=-=-=-=-=-
Unlikely to be the Raffles hotel itself. I guess the conference is at
the Raffles City convention centre which has 2 hotels: the Fairmont &
the Swisshotel. Rates are lower than the super luxurious Raffles
itself, which is just across the road.

Right, that's where ICANN met a few years ago.  The Fairmont and Swissotel
are directly connected to the conference centre.  I don't recall what the
rates
were but they weren't out of line with other Fairmont and Swissotels where
we've met.

I do recommend making the trip across the road to Long's Bar in the
Raffles
hotel for the original Singapore Sling.

R's,
John