Re: [netmod] Last Call: <draft-ietf-netmod-yang-model-classification-06.txt> (YANG Module Classification) to Informational RFC

2017-05-17 08:17:02
Hi Jonathan,

See https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-netmod-yang-model-classification-07 for the applied changes. The sentence is section 2.2 has been removed: it was too hard to parse (and was not strictly needed for this draft).

Regards, Benoit
Thanks Jonathan,

See in line.

I have no substantive comments, but have noticed, among other things, a few somewhat inconsequential typos that could nevertheless impact readability, particularly for those for whom English is a second language:
• Page 3, penultimate bullet: s/by network operator/by a network operator
• Why is figure 1 on page 5 when it is first referenced at the top of page 4? • Section 2.1, second paragraph (2 typos): s/peole or extarnal/people or external • Section 2.1, last paragraph: I don't understand the second sentence that starts: “Although it provides information …” • Section 2.2, second paragraph: i don't understand the first sentence that starts: “Although the [RFC7950], [RFC7950] …”
I guess this should be:
    Although YANG [RFC7950 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7950>] doesn't
explain the relationship of
    the terms '(YANG) data model' and '(YANG) module', the authors
    understand there is a 1:1 relationship between a data model and a
    YANG module, but a data model may also be expressed using a
    collection of YANG modules (and submodules).  The module provides a
    coherent data model representation of the software environment
    consisting of the operating system and applications running on the
    device.  The decomposition, ordering, and execution of changes to the
    operating system and application configuration is the task of the
    agent that implements the module.
Re-reading this paragraph, its logical place is in the terminology section 1.1, next to data model and module definitions.

Regards, Benoit
• Section 3.3, second paragraph: s/include ability/include the ability
• Section 6: small point but I believe the second acknowledgement should be me(!), “Jonathan Hansford”, not “David”

Jonathan

=O)

On 1 May 2017, 03:32 +0100, The IESG <iesg-secretary(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>,