Re: Last Call: <draft-nottingham-rfc5988bis-05.txt> (Web Linking) to Proposed Standard

2017-05-17 22:26:59

On 17 May 2017, at 8:41 pm, Julian Reschke
<julian(_dot_)reschke(_at_)gmx(_dot_)de> wrote:

On 2017-05-16 04:37, Mark Nottingham wrote:
This is what I currently have:
 https://gist.github.com/mnot/2fb569e7303dbcdde8b27cb7a404a648

I need to get some more eyeballs onto it to make sure it's correct (or at
least reasonable). Reviews appreciated.

I think this goes into the right direction; it's mostly a parser based on a
relaxed ABNF transformed to prose (which makes me wonder whether there's a
tool to be written here :-).

Other comments:

1)  "... If it is not present, context_string is the identity of the
representation carrying the Link header ..." - similar prose is elsewhere in
the spec - what is "the identity of a representation"?????

See the linked reference. Would it be better to use "URL" instead of "identity"?

2) "Consume the contents up to but not including the first DQUOTE character
that is not preceded by a "" character" - I assume there's a backslash
missing here. That said: doesn't work, because it would fail for an input
such as: "\\" - here, the DQUOTE is preceded by backslash, but it's not part
of the quoted-pair.

I've updated to address this.

Thanks,

--