Re: IAD Retirement

2017-06-13 00:26:02
On 12 Jun 2017, at 22:43, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

We tend to complain a lot in the IETF. So I'm going to complain:
The IETF won't be the same without Ray.

Thanks for everything, especially for acting as a very helpful, cheerful and
efficient complaints desk.

Can not explain it much better than Brian.

Thanks Ray, you will indeed be missed. You took the job when the IETF was in a
delicate situation in time. You shaped the IAD, did ensure the actions where
based on rough consensus in the community while staying within whatever real
world constraints (budget, staff and what not) that exists. Contracts here,
contracts there. Travel logistics. Trains and airplanes. Hotels and
restaurants. Local jurisdictions. IANA transitions and many other issues.

But in the core are humans. And you have an incredible ability to never ever
forget the humans.

Hold on to that!

Best,

   Patrik Fältström