Re: Saturday as start day

2017-06-21 19:01:16
The problem is that we now are expected to have work going non stop
from Saturday to Friday. 7 full days. Maybe I am just old, but that
does not look healthy.
I believe Christian's question is an attempt to prompt us to reassess
that reality and its sustainability, which seems a fair question to
consider.

and it would help if the *quality* of the week was higher.  time and
again, i have found the wg meeting to be a formalism, 25% process and
72% slideshow for those who need a preso slot to get travel approval.
for serious content, we retreat into side meetings, bar bofs, and
off-campus meals to have actual *discussion*.  and why endure extreme
travel if not to have discussion instead of process and powerpoint?

but ignore my whining.  i do not know any meeting of more than a hundred
which is mostly protein.  i.e. i have no model for 'success.'

randy