is there a good email list / wiki for folks involved in protocol design?

2017-06-22 07:45:23
Hi Folks,

This would seem to be the right place to ask.

There's a wonderful blog/wiki/community-of-interest (Drupal site, actually) at lambda-the-ultimate.org that seems to have become a focal point for folks involved in the theory & practice of programming language design (billed as "The Programming Language Weblog").

I've been wondering if there's any kind of a similar site/community organized around protocol design. Anybody know of one?

Context: I've been thinking about writing a book on the history of protocol adoption - how & why some protocols have become ubiquitous - with a particular focus on how & why new functionality keeps showing up as APIs, SaaS, SOAs, and now micro-services. (Working title: Back to Walled Gardens). There's lots of activity, email lists, etc. around API and micro-service development, but I can't seem to find much on the theory & practice of protocol development (is it that are spread around more focused on specific problems, say in specific IETF working groups - to the detriment of a more general community-of-interest?).

Thanks,

Miles Fidelman

In practice, there is.  .... Yogi Berra