RE: NomCom randomness results... delayed

2017-07-06 16:17:38
Behcet,

                You’re right, it’s ambiguous as to which NomCom you’re
volunteering for during registration for the July meetings.  I’ll ask AMS if
there’s something we can do to make it clearer for future registrations.

                Alternatively, to volunteer for the 2017-2018 NomCom, you could
have sent me an email during the call for volunteers.  Of course, that would be
predicated on your knowing that the 2017-2018 NomCom was not covered by the
IETF 99 registration.  We’ll try to do better in the future.

                                -Peter

From: Behcet Sarikaya [mailto:sarikaya2012(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2017 2:11 PM
To: Peter Yee
Cc: IETF
Subject: Re: NomCom randomness results... delayed

Hi Peter,

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 4:00 PM, Peter Yee <peter(_at_)akayla(_dot_)com> wrote:

For the 2017-2018 NomCom, you would have needed to check the box for
registration for any of IETF 96-98 (Berlin, Seoul, and Chicago).  Your checking
the box on the IETF 99 registration form will put you on the list of the
2018-2019 NomCom, assuming you are eligible.

Thanks. This was not what I understood when I checked the box. Maybe it should
be made clearer in the future forms.

This is the question in the form:

Are you willing to volunteer for the Nomcom?

Behcet

                -Peter