quick observation about remote participation registration

2017-07-20 08:00:18
Dear colleagues,

This is just an anecdote, but today I got to a room that was too
crowded (I was late because of another obligation).  Unwilling to
crawl over people, since I was the late one, I went back into the
hall.  In previous meetings I used meetecho to follow along in this
case, but since I hadn't registered it was a little troublesome.  I
just used the audio, and it's no big deal, but it might be a useful
illustration of one bit of friction that comes because of the remote
registration thing (unless everyone registered on-site automatically
gets a remote registration too, maybe conveniently printed on the
badge or something).

Note that I am _not_ saying this proves anything about whether
registration is a good or bad idea or whatever.  I only mention it as
another anecdote (and of course, in one sense the plural of "anecdote"
is too "data").

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs(_at_)anvilwalrusden(_dot_)com