Re: Some existing proposals for next-generation email

2004-01-29 19:39:39

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Paul Hoffman / IMC wrote:

So, let me say it again: this list is about determining the needs in
new protocols, not fixing current ones.

To re-cast what is said above in terms appropriate for this list:
"the receiving user agents in the next-generation protocol should not
lose messages just because the user hasn't checked in a while".

Hi Paul,

I do think it is worth while identifying major problems with existing mail
protocols, as a point of reference. Is that appropriate for the list?