Re: Why are we here? What are our goals?

2004-01-30 10:34:08

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Smith" <paullocal(_at_)pscs(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>
To: <mail-ng(_at_)imc(_dot_)org>
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2004 6:14 AM
Subject: Re: Why are we here? What are our goals?

If you don't have user level authentication, you MUST have IP address
blocking, or you create a haven for spammers.

I see user level authentication as being a MUST for any next generation
mail system. (If all MTAs/MUAs supported SMTP authentication now, life
would be a lot easier for everyone)

Hear hear!

If there is a way to securely automatic this? without signficantly delaying
or obstructing the delivery of mail?   I mean with the "new system"  <g>
somehow make it part of the connection process that gives them information
about automatically signing up?  Does it make sense?

http://www.santronics.com