Re: Message Routing Philosophy

2004-02-01 09:04:22

On Feb 1, 2004, at 7:44 AM, william(_at_)elan(_dot_)net wrote:
We alrady have this kind of mail system. Its called INSTANT MESSAGING and
we have IETF standards for this system as well as multiple systems of
their own design all operating on the net and quite popular.

Allow me for a second to play the heretic.

Has e-mail passed it's time? Should we be doing this at all? Or should we focus on standards enhancing IM protocols with store and forward capabilities and a backing store for when you're offline?

Do we need mail-ng, or do we already have it?