Re: suggestions for reducing message volume

2004-02-03 13:05:29

Keith Moore wrote:

For instance, discussion of character encoding schemes (UTF-8 or
otherwise), specification languages like ASN.1, presentation layers like
XML or *ER or 822-style headers or the formats of dates, seems
counterproductive.
One of those is about the feasibility of 8 bit email addresses. UTF is just the
example. Seems productive to me. Of the points brought up included the
ability to type an 8-bit email address in with a keyboard, which causes me
pause while I try to determine if or how important that is to me.

Talking in general terms is fine, but without a debate on the feasibility
of the idea as it applies to the people writing the code or if it is possible
to use the idea in the administration of the idea also seems on topic to me.

--

Doug Royer                     |   http://INET-Consulting.com
                              | Cell:   (208)520-4044

             We Do Standards - You Need Standards