Re: Use of XML as a basis for e-mail

2004-02-03 12:49:30

Chuq Von Rospach writes:
So make the new message-id a 160-bit localpart followed by an IPv6 address. Anyone wanting to DoS away an SHA-1 hash is welcome to try.

there goes anonymity in the protocol... (grin)

Why? SHA-1 is supposed to be better than MD-5, right? Does this message's message-id reveal anything about me or about this message's content?

your IPv6 address? I can knock on your door now. you've embedded information identifying your server in here.

Oh, but you knew that already. Your TCP implementation revealed it to you.

Arnt