Re: the evils of quoting

2004-02-04 02:03:29

1. Header values don't have to span multiple lines and where necessary special characters can be escaped.

You just built in an artificial limitation and a special case. So much for parsing it in 20 lines of code, and now some things people might want to do that you haven't thought of are no longer possible.

down that road lies exactly what we're trying to avoid here.

Eh? I thought you wanted XML? With XML you MUST escape characters:

<Subject>I thought we had < 20 users</subject>
Oops...

Paul                            VPOP3 - Internet Email Server/Gateway
support(_at_)pscs(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk                     http://www.pscs.co.uk/