Re: the evils of quoting

2004-02-04 06:24:28

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 10:32:19PM +0000, Paul Smith wrote:

Eh? I thought you wanted XML? With XML you MUST escape characters:

<Subject>I thought we had < 20 users</subject>
Oops...

Yes, last night when I was flicking through some of the messages to start
building a cohesive document describing what we all want I was thinking to
myself: does that means we need to HTML-ify all e-mails if we hold them in
XML?

So, that line would read:

<Subject>I thought we had &lt; 20 users</subject>

Which would still break. The correct form of course would be:

<Subject>I thought we had &lt; 20 users</Subject>

--
Paul Robinson