Re: visions

2004-02-25 10:08:51

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 11:11:47AM -0500, Bruce Lilly wrote:
The obvious answer is because this is a mailing list (not a BBS, or a
web-log, or a newsgroup).  Clearly the focus of this mailing list is
on "the next generation of mail".

The answer isn't obvious at all.
If you look at
    http://www.imc.org/mail-ng/mail-archive/msg00562.html
what do you see?

A HTML page. Is it still an email? If not, why not?
How about I bounce the message to hotmail and read it via my browser?
Is it still email? If yes, what is the difference to the above HTML page?

What defines something to be an email?
Should this definition also hold for "the next generation of mail"?

        \Maex

--
SpaceNet AG            | Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14 | Fon: +49 (89) 32356-0
Research & Development |       D-80807 Muenchen    | Fax: +49 (89) 32356-299