Re: OT: Re: Less is more

2004-04-30 10:06:36

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 17:33:03 +0200, Frode Gill
<frodegill(_at_)opera(_dot_)com>
wrote:

I beg to differ. As a little test, it would be interesting to see
how many of the mail-clients we use are able to parse the
Date:-header in this message, which as far as I can tell is
perfectly legal according to RFC2822.

Somewhere along the way, the header was replaced with something more
clean, which is a good indication of that not everyone manages to
parse legal RFC2822-headers.

not really, because it's not representative of the kinds of errors that
programmers make when writing 822 date parsers.

--
Regime change 2004 - better late than never.