Re: Less is more

2004-04-29 05:17:05

Keith Moore writes:
I fail to see how specifying a different date format will stop people from writing code that violates _that_ format. It's not as if ISO8601 is significantly easier to either produce or parse than RFC 822 dates.

A new format with a test suite and a strict reference parser has a fighting chance of being obeyed. Trying to squeeze the toothpaste back into the tube has no chance at all. All the authors of brokenware will yawn and say "our code works in the real world".

Arnt