Re: [mail-vet-discuss] Auth-Results issues? #2 headerspec

2006-04-19 15:10:54
Tony Hansen wrote:
3) Make the headerspec property an optional value to be specified by the
registration specifics for a given authentication method. So whatever
document is used to define how A-R is used by dkim would also specify
what value should go here. Not all authentication methods will need a
property.

It may be necessary to provide other data as well. I'm thinking maybe stuff like this might also be meaningful to an MUA:

        version (version of the method being evaluated)
        sig-id  (signature ID; see my other chatter on ietf-dkim)

So perhaps the ABNF should have method=result, ptype-stuff=value (which you have now), and also allowances for other auxilliary data.