Re: [mail-vet-discuss] New draft for review

2007-06-01 15:56:01
John Levine wrote:
Can I suggest that we not use MX?

Agreed.  I would like it to say something like a host SHOULD remove
A-R headers with names in its own domain that were applied outside its
trust boundary.  But it should leave A-R headers for other domains
alone.
I really don't think this rises to SHOULD. Most MUA filters, for example,
aren't terribly complicated so I'd be pretty worried as an admin that users
using that might get confused if there were more than one to choose from.
Deciding to strip it as a matter of policy seems like a pretty reasonable thing since it has the potential to cause grief. That and there's nothing that we can
do to prevent people from stripping it regardless of what the draft says.

      Mike