Re: [mail-vet-discuss] Draft as of 9/4/2007

2007-10-12 14:45:38
I incorporated all of these suggestions except:

Eric Allman wrote:
Section 5 says that relaying MTAs SHOULD NOT add an A-R header field, even if they actually do check the results and take actions on the basis of the results. That seems like it can create a mystery. I suggest either changing the text or adding an explanation for this behavior.
A relaying MTA should only add an A-R header field if the border MTA which will receive the message trusts the relaying MTA. An example I added shows how this might be useful.

Thus I guess this should say that a relaying MTA SHOULD NOT add an A-R field unless it falls within the trust boundary of the domain to which it is relaying.