Re: [mail-vet-discuss] What is the A-R header really for?

2007-10-16 14:06:30
Eliot Lear wrote:
So I think in summary we need clearer text on the applicability of this
header, the jist of which should be that MUAs SHOULD NOT in general
process it as authentic information.

Hold on... I don't think that Eric and I would go that far. I think the sense
we agreed on is that it's not suitable for human display directly, and that
simple mua filter pattern matchers are likely to not be very suitable either.
An mua that wants to process it using some real programming language
(fsvo "real") shouldn't be discouraged though. I'm more neutral on his
point about reputation, but I think that's orthogonal to the mua question.

      Mike