Re: [mail-vet-discuss] Version 08 of draft posted

2007-10-17 10:48:10
On Monday 15 October 2007 23:12, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
This version incorporates a lot of the recent feedback.  Of particular
interest:

In this draft, you say:

1.2.  Requirements

   This memo establishes no new requirements on existing protocols or
   servers, as there is currently no standard place for the described
   data to be collected or presented.

For most of the methods described here that is true, but RFC 4408 defines a
Received-SPF header field that covers this same ground:

http://www.openspf.org/auth/RFC_4408#header-field

Given that there is a standarized header for SPF I think it ought to be
recogized and the implications discussed.  I'm considering adding
experimental support for the auth-results header in software I maintain, but
I'm not sure what guidance I should give administrators (add both header
fields maybe?).

Scott K