Re: [mail-vet-discuss] Version 08 of draft posted

2007-10-19 13:16:59
Scott Kitterman wrote:

In this draft, you say:

1.2.  Requirements

   This memo establishes no new requirements on existing protocols or
   servers, as there is currently no standard place for the described
   data to be collected or presented.

For most of the methods described here that is true, but RFC 4408 defines a Received-SPF header field that covers this same ground:

RFC4408 is classified as "Experimental" so I don't believe the header it describes qualifies as a standard one. Moreover, I don't believe, that it was added to the IANA registry of RFC2822 header fields (although I also haven't checked).

But you're right, I should at a minimum make reference to it.