[mail-vet-discuss] New draft posted; other items

2007-12-17 18:45:14
A new version of the draft has (finally) been posted by the IETF Secretariat. This contains primarily a lot of wordsmithing changes proposed on- and off-list. This version has been submitted for a security review and a "shepherd" has volunteered to escort it through the IESG review process on its way to becoming an RFC. The IETF's Applications Area Director has stated he's willing to sponsor it as an individual draft. I will be formally handing it off to that process as soon as the security review comes back.

Since I've opened this to the IETF's "ietf-822" and MAAWG's "technical" lists with no concerns raised, I suppose we can thus consider this a mailing list last call (LC) for this draft.

I haven't received much in the way of feedback yet to the authentication results SMTP extension draft, so I'll post a link to that to "ietf-smtp" soon and put on my fire retardant suit to prepare for the replies. I'll also be preparing an IMAP extension draft which works alongside both the header and SMTP drafts.

Thanks to everyone that's contributed up to this point. The A-R header draft was described as a "slam dunk", and it wouldn't be so without all this great peer review and commentary.

In case there's no further chatter, Happy Holidays!

-MSK