Re: [mail-vet-discuss] Auth-Results installed base

2008-11-04 15:42:32
Apologies,
I thought this was the mail-vet-discuss thread not a standards track WG

Bill Oxley
Messaging Engineer
Cox Communications, Inc
404-847-6397

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave CROCKER [mailto:dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net]
Sent: Tue 11/4/2008 11:35 AM
To: Oxley, Bill (CCI-Atlanta)
Cc: lisa(_at_)osafoundation(_dot_)org; mail-vet-discuss(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [mail-vet-discuss] Auth-Results installed base

Bill(_dot_)Oxley(_at_)cox(_dot_)com wrote:
Although Doug may be rather alarmist, I wonder what the legal ramifications
of an ISP adding these headers and the customers trusting them and gets
phished. Legal field day for the class action folks?

Bill,

How is this relevant to the technical specification and standardization process?

And if you do indeed see relevance, please cite standards history -- preferably
IETF history -- that substantiates your concern. (You probably won't be
surprised to hear that I am not aware of any such history.)

d/
--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking