mharc-users

Re: \~mhonarc getting in the way....

2002-07-24 11:50:34
On July 24, 2002 at 09:48, Sean M Alderman wrote:

Interesting...I did change the root url, but I do not have any
"production" archives using mharc yet.  I have a list I use to test
archiving and that's what I've been playing with here.  Can you point me
to the mhonarc resource tag which sticks the [mbox: XXXX bytes] link on
the monthly line of the main index.html in the default config?  I'm
having a hard time identifying where that piece comes from.

The web-archive script generates the top period index directly since
it is outside the scope of mhonarc.  Technically, it is the value
of the MBOX_URL variable that is used to create the link to the raw
mbox file.  What is the value of MBOX_URL in your config.sh file?

You can search for the comment "## Update monthly index" in web-archive
to get to the chunk of code that generates the period index.

--ewh

P.S. FYI, since this 0.X software, everyone should take care to read
the NEWS file for what has changed.  I try to keep things as compatible
as possible (since I am using mharc privately and at mhonarc.org and
prefer to avoid doing too much upgrade work myself), but changes can
occur that may require some upgrade procedures.

Also, this is the best time to make feature requests.

Thanks to everyone willing to try out mharc.