mharc-users

Re: make rebuild - just one list's archives?

2002-10-26 15:37:43
On October 26, 2002 at 12:42, Morgan Fletcher wrote:

Morgan Fletcher <morgan(_at_)hahaha(_dot_)org> writes:
Just providing some data, I guess. Is there a way to optimize the
mknmz portion of the job?

I am guilty of sending questions first and trying solutions
second. This seemed to help alot with mknmz's speed:

bash-2.05$ diff mknmzrc~ mknmzrc
97c97
< $ON_MEMORY_MAX   = 5000000;
---
$ON_MEMORY_MAX   = 200000000;

Yep.  Eventually I would like to have docs providing these kinds
of tips.  But until then, you have to rely on the docs provided with
Namazu and other dependent tools.  Heck, I have yet to document all
the mharc features (like the resource file structure).

If you play with Namazu more, you may want to subscribe to the
namazu-users-en(_at_)namazu(_dot_)org list.  It is very low traffic, but it is
the forum to get help with it.

BTW, for the older mailbox files, you could manual gzip them to
save some disk space.  mharc will read gzipped mailbox files when
doing rebuilds.

--ewh