mharc-users

Trouble installing MHArc

2003-02-01 12:41:17
I am having trouble installing MHArc. I am using Redhat 8.0 with Apache 2.0 and Mailman 2.1. I follow the instructions in http://www.mhonarc.org/mharc/doc/install.html. I created an account mharc for the owner of the mharc files with its home directory as /var/mharc, I accepted all of the defaults except I created the pathname to install as /var/mharc/archives. Edited config.sh only to add my name as the contact person and added the lists to list definitions:

Name: test-links
Address: test-links(_at_)pk(_dot_)fpen(_dot_)org

Name: test-pk-mm
Address: test-pk-mm(_at_)pk(_dot_)fpen(_dot_)org

The two lists above are test Mailman 2.1 lists on the same box.

I added the following line to the end of my httpd.conf file

  Include conf/httpd-mharc.conf

and copied the /var/mharc/archives/etc/apache.conf file to /etc/httpd/conf/httpd-mharc.conf and restart httpd.

When I use my browser to go to http://pk.fpen.org/archives[/html], I get files not found. Looking in the /var/log/httpd/errors.log file I see:

  File does not exist: /var/www/html/archives
  File does not exist: /var/www/html/archives/html

But I thought it should be looking in /var/mharc/archives?

I am sure this is something simple but I can't figure it out. Even tried making the pathname for the installation /var/www/html/archives but then all of the files in the archive directory could be seen.

Any help would be appreciated.

Paul
--
Paul Kleeberg