mharc-users

Re: Trouble installing MHArc

2003-02-01 23:08:46
On February 1, 2003 at 18:08, Paul Kleeberg wrote:

Well I tried that and the browser can see the contents of the archive
directory.

That's okay.  The HTML archives are under html/ directory and the
raw mailbox archives under the mbox/ directory.

If you are concerned about other files being accessible, the
template apache.conf includes directives to deny access to files
that may be considered "sensitive." (and/or you can use the template
.htaccess file).  A possible alternative is to have the following
Alias directives instead of the one in my previous post:

  Alias /archive/html /var/mharc/archive/html
  Alias /archive/mbox /var/mharc/archive/mbox

This way, if someone tries to access /archive, it will actually
goto <DocumentRoot>/archive, which will probably be a 404.

BTW, remember to set up the crontab to have mail automatically
processed.

--ewh