mharc-users

Re: Files end up in html/temp directory

2003-02-19 11:43:40
On February 18, 2003 at 10:30, Martin Kaminer wrote:

It appears that you have given the name for your list archive "temp".
Examine your lists.def file and verify what the "Name:" option is
set to.

Hmmmm, here's my lists.def -- I don't see what the problem is.  I tried to
search through all the config files for 'temp' but didn't see anything.  Coul
it be something related to using the -rebuild option?

I do not think so.

All this is done from
old mbox files run by hand rather than new mail via crontab.  Does the archiv
name not allow spaces?  I didn't even realize it was of other than descriptiv
significance.

The name should probably not have spaces.  The Name is used as the
directory name for the archive by the procmailrc filtering component.
But you are not using that part of mharc.

Are the raw mail archives located under $MBOX_DIR/temp?  web-archive
scans $MBOX_DIR on which HTML archives it should update.  Therefore,
if there is a "temp" directory in there, it will create a "temp"
directory under $HTML_DIR.

If this is the case, your settings in lists.def have no real effects
since the Name option does not match the directory name you are using.

--ewh