mharc-users

Re: Problem with Polish characters in "From:"

2003-04-06 20:03:00
On April 7, 2003 at 00:55, Bartosz Feñski wrote:

I've got problem with Polish characters in From: header.
Is there any way to fix it ?

In archives my header looks like this :
From: fenio(_at_)o2(_dot_)pl (Bartosz Fe<weird sign>
where "weird sign" is something like black rhombus.
It should looks like this :
From: fenio(_at_)o2(_dot_)pl (Bartosz Fe?ski)

Can I fix it ?

The solution depends on what the raw message looks like.  I would
guess in your case, your messages are non-standard and include
raw 8-bit data in the message headers.  In your MHonArc resource
file, you may need to set the following resource:

  <CharsetAliases>
  iso-8859-2; plain
  </CharsetAliases>

See the CHARSETALIASES, and related resources, in the MHonArc
documentation for more information.

--ewh