mharc-users

Re: Problem with Polish characters in "From:"

2003-04-07 10:05:32
On April 7, 2003 at 13:21, Bartosz Feñski wrote:

Can I fix it ?
The solution depends on what the raw message looks like.  I would
guess in your case, your messages are non-standard and include
raw 8-bit data in the message headers.  In your MHonArc resource
file, you may need to set the following resource:

  <CharsetAliases>
  iso-8859-2; plain
  </CharsetAliases>
So I have to add this to my common.mrc.in ?

That is typical location.  You then have run 'make configure' to have
the setting apply to future updates to the archives.

See the CHARSETALIASES, and related resources, in the MHonArc
documentation for more information.
There is no that combination (iso-8859-2; plain).

The term 'plain' is mhonarc's way of denoting non-encoded text in
mail headers.  The standards state that non-encoded text should be
us-ascii, but in some locales, this is not the case (like yours).
Therefore, you need tell mhonarc what charset is actually used for
non-encoded, "plain", text.

--ewh