mharc-users

More questions

2003-08-12 11:06:49

I'm creeping up on having mharc installed and running successfully...
;-)

I'm having problems with /var/mail locks.  If I copy my mbox into
.newmail (to try testing things out) and have a message to be
processed in the archive's mailbox, then run "make readmail" I get the
error message

   /usr/bin/lockfile -r5 -l3600 .newmail.lock 2>/dev/null
   /usr/bin/lockfile -l3600 -ml
   lockfile: Try praying, giving up on "/var/mail/wstevens.lock"
   system /usr/bin/lockfile -l3600 -ml failed: 17664

This message indicates I don't have permissions; I asked my sysadmin
about this, and he said "lock something else, we don't have
/var/mail".

If I hack filter-spool to always have $is_spool off, procmail bitches
saying
   procmail: Couldn't create "/var/mail/wstevens"

I'm a little wary of just turning off the $is_spool variable; will I
get corruption if mail arrives while the script is running?

Also, I couldn't seem to get IS_MAIL_SPOOL=0 to take; that's why i was
messing with $is_spool.  Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks for your help.

Warren

--
warren stevens - catzooks.com