mharc-users

Re: Getting old messages into an archive?

2003-10-30 16:57:30
On Oct 30, 2003, at 2:30 PM, Richard Morse wrote:

Hi! Once I have all my archives properly defined (see my previous message), is there some way that I can tell mharc to go back into a _really_ large mbox file that contains all of the messages for the past five years and process them?

Thanks,
Ricky Morse

Hi Ricky,

What I did when moving old message to mharc was take the archive mbox file and move it to the location that mharc is set to check for the incoming mail. This location is defined by 'ORGMAIL' in the config.sh script.

After I moved the mbox file there I called a 'make readmail' to read in all the old messages.

Hope this helps.

--
Mike Bailey
REAL Software, Inc.